Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Happy Australia Day!


I know I am a few days early but I did want to post this and say happy Australia day! A lot of people this time of year get very "we are full get out" or the "invasion day" crowd, it can be easy to get cynical and to buy into the controversial side of this celebratory day. I think this should be a day to reflect on what we have built now. Celebrate our achievements and the plentiful country we live in, gather your close friends and family around you and for some portion of the day think about just how lucky we are to live in such a thriving and beautiful place.

Now that my rant is done I would like to just comment on our film scene, for years people have debated wether or not we have one and if it is decent. You cannot deny the impact that Australian talent and films have on the rest of the world with people like Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman, Toni Collette, Rachel Griffiths and movies like The Sapphires, The Piano, Strictly Ballroom, that entertain and make the rest of the world realise just what we have here.

This is were my journey begins and I have decided the first film I will review (as they are not going to be in any sort of chronological order) is Strictly Ballroom. Expect is up here shortly!

Till then I hope you have a safe and enjoyable Australia Day!

Alaisdair

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text